AspenTech Acquires Fidelis Group, LLC
Media Contact Investor Contact
David Grip Brian Denyeau
+1 781-221-5273 +1 646-277-1251
AspenTech Acquires Fidelis Group, LLC
Leading Provider of Asset Reliability Software to Predict Asset Performance and Mitigate Risk in Process Plants
BEDFORD, Mass – June 6, 2016 – Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced it has acquired Fidelis Group, LLC of Lake Jackson, Texas. Fidelis is a leading provider of asset reliability software that process industry companies use to predict and optimize asset performance. Customers use the software to mitigate risk and achieve significant capital expense savings and increased availability.
Many owner-operators mandate risk analysis for all large capital projects, typically those above five million dollars in capital spending. Asset reliability analysis is performed in these projects, to assess expected plant availability and mitigate risks that could disrupt plant production.
Fidelis Group offers two asset reliability software products, Fidelis Titan 2 and Fidelis WST:
- Owner-operators in chemicals, upstream, refining and power use Fidelis Titan 2 as a discrete event simulation tool for asset reliability modeling, to optimize designs, debottleneck existing assets and increase availability. Engineering & Construction companies also use Titan 2 to evaluate process reliability and availability required to meet their design guarantees. Customers using Titan 2 can achieve capital expense savings by optimizing redundancy systems and intermediate storage, while ensuring high plant availability.
- Fidelis WST is a Warehouse Spare Part Sufficiency Tool that optimizes parts stocking strategies to ensure high availability, while reducing spare part inventory costs that can represent tens of millions of dollars in capital expense.
The aspenONE® suite provides market leading process engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain optimization capabilities. The addition of Fidelis Group asset reliability capabilities will eventually enable AspenTech to offer the process industry’s first process optimization software that includes reliability modeling -- for more reliable designs, higher plant availability, reduced CAPEX and improved plant operations throughout the asset lifecycle.
The acquisition supports AspenTech’s increased focus on asset optimization, by enabling customers to optimize the design, operation and maintenance of their assets throughout the asset lifecycle.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Antonio Pietri, President & CEO, AspenTech
“The aspenONE suite is the most comprehensive, integrated and easy-to-use environment for process optimization. Adding Fidelis Group’s leading technology will enable AspenTech to provide asset reliability capabilities that are critical for effective risk mitigation in process plants. Asset reliability is also an essential piece of a holistic approach to asset optimization. We will continue to work with our customers to maximize the highest possible financial return over the lifetime of their process industry assets.”
- aspenONE Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain solutions
- AspenTech YouTube channel – aspenONE product videos
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world’s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
NOTE: Aspen Technology may provide information regarding possible future product developments including new products, product features, product interfaces, integration, design, architecture, etc. that may be perceived to represent “product roadmaps.” Any such information is for discussion purposes only and does not constitute a commitment by Aspen Technology to do or deliver anything in these product roadmaps or otherwise. Any such commitment must be explicitly set forth in a written contract between the customer and Aspen Technology, executed by an authorized officer of each company.
© 2016 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Guessing is not engineering. It's Guessing.
At Fidelis Group, we believe the time has come for system engineers to eliminate the guesswork and illuminate the correlations. To turn the tangled strings of invisible system information into numbers, those numbers into models and those models into predictions. By untangling the system, your system will speak to you. Imagine the things it will say.
- Transform existing drawings and data (CMMS, production logs, etc.) into highly-accurate predictions of future performance.
- Quantify deltas in performance given changes in design, capacity, operations, maintenance or logistics.
- Simplify asset procurement and spare parts management.
- Make cost-effective equipment decisions.
We welcome you to learn more about how our innovative software products, Titan and Fast 3, can untangle any system using data and modeling. We also invite you to learn about the services we’ve created to help you along the way.
We will not stop until every system is untangled and the guesswork in system engineering is completely removed.